The Society has recently been contacted by the owner of the Guy pictured below.
The vehicle was built in 1922 and started life as a builders truck in Oxford
Purchased in 1924 by Earl of Macclesfield, Shirburn Castle Estate, Oxfordshire.
Converted to an estate car for shooting parties and used until 1939
1939 loaned to Oxford Hospital Committee and used as an ambulance throughout the war.
Returned to the estate after the war and used on the estate until abandoned in 1954.
Restored in 1971 by whom unknown.
1977 driven to Wales
1987 purchased by present owners family.
The engine has been recently started up.